NSI-189 is a novel neurogenic antidepressant in the nootropic category. Neurogenic drugs promote the development and growth of new neurons, or brain cells. This means that it could potentially repair damaged or missing brain cells that lead to a person being unable to experience happiness – or, in other words, who are depressed.
“The Novel Neurogenic Antidepressant”
- Reduce depressive symptoms
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve attention
- Improve memory
- Upregulates neurogenic factors in tandem with neurogenesis
- Promotes behavioral recovery in stroke
- Enhances cell proliferation and neurogenesis in stroke
What is NSI-189?
NSI-189 is a neurogenic. It allows the brain to develop healthy brain cells at a quicker rate than usual, which means that people suffering from depression, mental disorders, or degenerative conditions might all benefit from using the compound. This compound has also been shown to possess an anti-stress effect.
- Possesses antidepressant properties that may improve cognitive function, treat traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s Disease (AD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and stroke, and prevent cognitive and memory decline in aging.
- NSI-189 can increase neurotrophic factors such as Stem Cell Factor (SCF), Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), and Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF).
- May effectively treat MDD as well as other psychiatric disorders by increasing neurogenesis (growth) in the hippocampus.
- NSI-189 is a benzylpiperizine-aminiopyridine, a novel chemical entity that stimulates neurogenesis of human hippocampus-derived neural stem cells).
- Currently in research for treating other neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, brain injury, stroke, traumatic stress disorder.
- A rise in the energy levels, and increase libido, and sexual performance has been noted by some individuals.
- May be able to protect nerves from toxicity in diabetes. It may help with nerve pain and neuropathy in diabetes.
General population: 40mg-80mg daily.
The effects are most apparent after 2-3 weeks of use.
Ideal for: Low mood, students, athletes, fatigue.