TB-500 (Thymosin Beta-4) is a potent recovery agent with a tremendous ability to enhance up injury repair and recovery, however, its many benefits also include growth of muscle mass and improved performance. TB-500 is naturally produced in the body, in higher concentration at the site of tissue damage and supports the production of new blood and muscle cells.
It also has incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory effects which can oftentimes offer instant pain relief. Its powerful healing effects have been identified specifically in the tendons, ligaments, muscle, skin, heart and eyes.
Before you read any further you should know that this peptide is banned in almost all competitive sports and events. Also, while it is readily available, Thymosin Beta-4 (also known as TB-500) is sold for research purposes only, not for human consumption.
Benefits of TB-500
- Increases muscle growth
- Increases endurance and stamina levels
- Decreases inflammation in joints
- Promotes hair growth
- Rapid healing of wounds
- Repair of tendons and ligaments
- Improved flexibility of joints
- Promotes the regeneration of blood vessels
- Repairs damaged heart tissue following a heart attack
- Heals ulcers and lesions (including stomach and intestinal ulcers)
- Protects and restores neurons after brain injury
What is TB-500?
TB-500 is a synthesised peptide, essentially a short-chain version of the naturally occurring Thymosin Beta-4. It has not been used to treat humans in any tangible method but although it is not considered a veterinary-specific drug, it is often used in the treatment of horses and occasionally dogs.
As there’s little research on human trials we can only go on what we’ve heard and data compiled from various veterinary trials. Its properties are similar to those of HGH and results also appear similar.
Users report increased strength, muscle growth, enhanced recovery and relief from chronic and severe pain as well as improved endurance. There are also reports of increased hair growth, better condition hair and even a lessening of grey hair.
How does TB-500 Work?
In simple terms, TB-500 boosts your body’s protein efficiency. This means that the functions of those proteins are dramatically improved. It increases red blood cell production and improves metabolism and essentially supercharges your body’s ability to grow new cells.
Additionally, thanks to its molecular composition TB-500 is remarkably light and can, therefore, race your system finding areas to improve. It is this that makes it particularly good when it comes to targeting inflammation and pain.
How to Use TB-500
TB-500 is taken as any other peptides; you’ll need to reconstitute it before injecting the solution either subcutaneously or intramuscularly. To take SubQ, find an area of fatty tissue, the abdomen is good but avoid the navel vicinity.
Next, simply clean your hands, wipe the area with a sterile swab, pinch the area with your fingers and then inject your prepared syringe. To take intramuscularly, locate an area of muscular tissue, usually one where you are experiencing pain, and jab the syringe deep into the muscle tissue. It can be a difficult and painful process, but the rewards should outweigh the trouble.
The dosage depends on the purpose you are using it for, and/or the type of injury or damage that you need to treat. A general guideline would be between 4-8mg of TB-500 per week for the initial loading phase of 4 to 6 weeks, followed by 2-6mg every 2 weeks to maintain its effects. The effects wear off within 2-3 weeks of injection.
- Duration: 4-6 weeks
- Dosage: 4-8mg of TB-500 per week
- Frequency: 2mg per injection, between 2-4 times per week (depending on the total dosage you choose)
- Duration: as long as you need
- Dosage: 2-6mg of TB-500 every 2 weeks
- Frequency: 2mg per injection, between 2-3 times every 2 weeks (depending on the total 2-week dosage you choose)
The most common side-effect that has been reported by bodybuilders who use this peptide is that of lethargy and possible headaches. Some report experiencing a head rush immediately after injecting it, although this shouldn’t last longer than a minute.
We lack a lot of data on TB-500 but we do know that the medical community is divided over whether or not it has been linked to cancer; some say it increased the rate at which cancer cells grow, while others suggest it may actually promote white blood cells with which to fight it.
Combine TB-500 and BPC-157 for Healing Injury and Repair
BPC-157 and TB-500, which both stimulate wound healing via various biological mechanisms, have synergistic effects when used together. Clinically developed to boost maximum recovery as well as healing together with adjustability, joint flexibility, and also protection against injury.
BPC stands for Body Protective Compound, and that is exactly its function. It was originally discovered to be a protective peptide within our gut and to have a healing effect in both our upper and lower GI tract.
It should be understood that BPC 157 is only a small part of the whole BPC protein, but it is essential for its functionality because it is where binding spots for enzymes are located. The structure of this stable gastric pentadecapeptide consists of 15 amino acids, and looks a little something like this: Gly-Glu-Pro-Pro-Pro-Gly-Lys-Pro-Ala-Asp-Asp-Ala-Gly-Leu-Val.
Benefits of BPC-157
Some of the world’s top researchers around the worldare working to determine whether BPC 157 contains life-changing properties.
The list of benefits is growing by the day:
- Useful adjunct to healing almost anything related to the GI tract
- Heals mitochondrial damage
- Accelerated healing of ligaments, bones, and tendons
- Reduces inflammation in autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis,
- Protects endothelium and the formation of scar tissue
- Improves brain health & mood
- Blocks long term effects of corticosteroid injections
- Stabilized production of certain hormones and neurotransmitters (eg. serotonin)
- Protection of the cardiovascular system
- Reduced drug-induced damage
- Better general body repair and wound healing
- Improved body’s response to allergens and viruses
Researcher Ben Greenfield has written extensively about both of them, featuring them in his new book Boundless.
“I’ve personally used peptides BPC-157 and TB-500 to enhance healing and recovery.
“…BPC-157 also accelerates wound healing and, via interaction with the nitric oxide system, protects endothelial tissue and builds blood vessels”
“…TB-500 can be injected in or near any damaged muscle site and sore or injured joint with surprising healing effects”
The similarities between TB-500 and BPC-157
The main similarities between TB-500 and BPC-157 are as follows:
- Both research peptides have demonstrated anti-inflammatory properties
- Both research peptides promote angiogenesis (i.e. the formation of new blood vessels)
- Some researchers contend that TB-500 and BPC-157 increase blood circulation by different mechanisms, but the end result is the same
The differences between TB-500 and BPC-157
There are some obvious differences between these two research peptides.
- TB-500 has a systemic effect, which means it works regardless of where the injection is made
- BPC-157 has a localized effect and must be injected near the site of the injury
- TB-500 works to distribute actin, whereas BPC-157 is directly responsible for increasing actin production.
Keep in mind that the only way to definitively prove the difference between TB-500 and BPC-157 would be to conduct a large-scale clinical trial in which the same type of injury is being treated.
While this type of research has yet to be conducted, it is clear that BPC-157 and TB-500 do not counteract one another.
If anything, anecdotal evidence shows that they work synergistically to speed up the healing process and further accelerate the rate of recovery.
Recommended Dosage for TB-500 and BPC-157
When it comes to TB-500 vs. BPC-157, researchers should know that these research peptides have no safe or recommended dosage.
However, past studies indicate that researchers have dosed them accordingly in the past:
- BPC-157: 250 mcg injected intramuscularly, daily – once in the morning on an empty stomach and once again right before bed
- TB-500: 2-4 mg injected intramuscularly, twice a week in evenly spaced doses (ex. Monday and Thursday)
Cycle length is very individual and can vary depending on the specific requirements of the research subject.
Peptides Dosage Calculator
Check out this useful peptides calculator if you need help with your dosages.
Injury Repair & Recovery Stack (MK-677, BPC-157, TB-500)
The Injury Repair & Recovery Stack combines three of the best healing compounds on the market; MK-677, BPC-157 and TB-500. These compounds stimulate wound healing via various biological mechanisms and have synergistic effects when used together. Clinically developed to boost maximum recovery as well as healing together with adjustability, joint flexibility, and also protection against injury.