Last updated on March 17th, 2023 at 02:27 pm
Andarine (also known as S4) is a powerful selective androgen receptor modulator which can support muscle growth, mass, and density. This article will tell you everything you need to know about this increasingly favourable compound.
What Is Andarine S4?
Andarine S4 is a SARM (a selective androgen receptor modulator) sometimes also known as SARM S4. Like many SARMs, it has positive benefits on muscle mass, muscle gain and anabolism (helping you build muscle tissue and minimise muscle loss). But Andarine is stronger and more potent than many other SARMs.
Different SARMs have different levels of potency and this shows up in the results you can expect (and in what timeframe). What you need to know about Andarine is that it is pretty strong as SARMs go – so you can expect measurable results in a short time frame.
But there are some side effects to watch out for and we’ll detail those further in this article. However, Andarine is selective in which receptors it binds too, so side effects should be minimal if you are healthy and stick to recommended dosages.
Andarine works by binding to androgen receptors (in muscle tissue and bone tissue) which encourages your body to grow muscle. As a by-product of this, you’ll get stronger in the gym, you’ll be able to lift more and recover faster which will lead to yet more muscle gain.
Andarine S4 has been through human trials but no studies were published. There is some limited information which suggests that S-4 was described as the ideal SARM due to its single-day dosing, complete oral bioavailability and significant anabolic effects.
Understand The Benefits Of Andarine S4
Andarine can be used for bulking, cutting, body recomposition, strength gains, or competition prep but please remember you can not use Andarine – or any SARM – if you compete in drug-tested sport, including tested bodybuilding competitions because SARMs are banned by WADA.
- Dense muscle tissue – Andarine is renowned for giving that hard, dry look to muscles (which is why bodybuilder like it). Ideal if you want a full, pumped look
- Fat loss – Andarine seems to help with fat loss, possibly because it increases the metabolism of body fat and suppresses HSL (hormone-sensitive lipase)
- Strength gains – Andarine helps you build strength, and you may notice significant strength gains within a few weeks
- Dry gains – you shouldn’t experience water retention with SARM S4, meaning your muscle gains will look dry, not watery
- High bioavailability – meaning Andarine is absorbed into your system quickly, so it gets to work rapidly, even at low doses
You can see why S-4 is popular with bodybuilders, powerlifters, and other strength and power athletes. Just be careful with tested competition – like we’ve said, Andarine is banned (as are all SARMs) by WADA.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Andarine S4?
You should stay open to the possibility of side effects with any compound or medicine. Andarine is no different. Remember, SARMs were originally developed as potential medical solutions to physical issues, and most drugs have some potential side effects.
So what are the side effects of Andarine, and how can you minimise the chance of them happening? There are two key side effects to be aware of:
- Night vision disturbance – some people report a kind of yellow tinge to their vision at night (probably because SARM S4 binds to receptors in the eyes). This shouldn’t be a problem – unless you work shifts, or need to drive or operate any kind of machinery at night. Most of these reports come from people taking high doses of Andarine.
- Testosterone suppression – S4 does impact your natural test levels, and you will need to do a PCT (post cycle therapy) after using Andarine. Another way to keep this risk to a minimum is to run short cycles of 8 weeks maximum.
How To Use Andarine, Best Dosages
The best way to minimise the risks of any side effects is to get informed about how to use Andarine. This includes how much (dosages), how often (should you split the dose), and for how long (cycle length).
Andarine is a strong SARM, which means you can see good results even at low doses, so there is no need to take high doses – in fact, this just opens you up to more risk of side effects, for no need.
- Start with 20mg-25mg Andarine a day.
- Split your dose (whatever dose you take) into 2-3 doses per day. Take a dose in the morning, and one with your pre-training meal. If you are taking 1/3 dose, do this 4 hours after your previous dose.
- After 2 weeks, assess your progress and results
- If your progress has slowed down or stopped, increase the dose by 5mg per week for the rest of your cycle.
- Do not keep increasing the dose all the while you are getting results – only increase it if your results stop.
- Never go higher than 50mg/day (in fact, 35mg/day is a high dose).
- Never take Andarine S4 for longer than 8 weeks (6-8 weeks is the least risky).
Andarine vs Other Popular SARMs
S4 is sometimes stacked with Ostarine (for cutting). Ostarine can be beneficial for building muscle mass and body recomposition. Andarine can also be stacked with Cardarine (for strength training), or with Ligandrol (for bulking). Remember, Andarine is already a strong SARM so there is no real need to stack.
Andarine S4 is a powerful SARM which is a kind of all-rounder, helping build muscle mass, burn body fat, and boost strength. But remember it is banned by WADA and can not be used for any tested sport or competition.